Supporting the Ruby Community Since 2001
Ruby Central seeks Graphic Designer!
Ruby Central is a non-profit organization dedicated to Ruby support and advocacy of the worldwide Ruby community.
We organize the annual RubyConf and RailsConf software conferences, support community growth, and provide vital infrastructure for the Ruby programming language.
To support our conferences and programs, we're looking to hire a freelance graphic designer! We'd love to have you come work with our small but dedicated team.
- Create a brand and style guide for each conference
- Applies to web and print design
- Style guide includes logo, color palette, typography
- Support team with social media assets
- Design and help build the conference web site (Framer)
- Conference print design includes:
Swag - t-shirts, stickers, pins, etc.
Used for early design ideation, collaboration with team, feedback cycles, and production artwork
For communication and remote-first interactions with the team
- Framer (not necessary, nice-to-have)
Used for our conference website
- Familiarity with project management platforms
Used to help facilitate remote-first workflows and collaboration with the remote team
Description of conference timeline/contract duration
- 2 conferences / year
- Hourly. Variable and flexible "time on". Estimated average of 20 hours per week.
- Location: Remote!
- Length: 6 months initially, with the possibility to extend.
Apply before the end of March online
March 20, 2023