November 2021 Monthly Update
ruby together news
In November, Ruby Together was supported by 34 different companies, including Ruby member Zendesk. 3 companies joined as new members.
On top of those companies, 3 new developers signed up as members, including Naechrr and whysthatso. In total, we were supported by 124 developer members. Thanks to all of our members for making everything that we do possible. <3
rubygems & bundler news
Here are a few of the more interesting changes from those versions of RubyGems and Bundler. As always, see the changelogs for complete details.
- fixed a
gem installinconsistency about platform-specific gems - #5037.
- fixed issues with
--prefixoptions to RubyGems installer to help OS packagers.
- improved an error message about git being missing - #5036, and fixed an issue where Bundler hid the system man pages - #5039.
- adapted both clients to a recent gemification of some libraries (
bundle installusability by automatically unlocking dependencies if a lock file got expired by Gemfile changes, instead of logging an error message - #5068.
- fixed a
bundle updateissue related to not being able to downgrade Gemfile dependencies properly, and worked on some promising refactorings of Bundler internals in the context of ensuring we never generate corrupted lock files - #5078.
- started doing work on version locking for Bundler.
In November, RubyGems gained 134 new commits, contributed by 12 authors. There were 3,815 additions and 743 deletions across 137 files.
This month, RubyGems.org saw several bug fixes and updates, some of which include the following:
- updated and released support for ownership calls and requests - #2748.
- wrote a blog post for gem adoption - #95.
- tested Ruby 3.0.3 for memory leak and deployed an update to Ruby 3 - #2876.
- debugged high CPU alert on Postgres.
In November, Rubygems.org gained 52 new commits, contributed by 8 authors. There were 438 additions and 308 deletions across 63 files.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PR’s and reply to support tickets.
budget & expenses
In November, we saw $7,403.49 in total income, and spent a total of $10,251.14.
- Stripe Payment Processing Fees $272.25
- Employee Related $498.31
- General & Administrative $217.42
- IT & Software $1,169.15
- 52.5 Hours of development work at $150/hr $7,875.01
Until next time,
Irene, André, and the Ruby Together team
December 17, 2021