August 2022 Monthly Update
ruby together news
In August, Ruby Together was supported by 33 different companies, including Ruby member Zendesk and Ruby Shield sponsor Shopify. In total, we were supported by 123 developer members. Thanks to all of our members for making everything that we do possible. <3
The following are the main improvements shipped during this month (see the changelog for more improvements and fixes):
- added full support for
muslvariants for gems, both in RubyGems and Bundler - #4488, #5852.
Bundler.settings[:only]to install gems of the only specified groups (a longstanding feature request we finally decided to add) - #5759.
- restored previous performance of private RubyGems servers; it had gotten very slow after some correctness fixes - #5826.
In August, RubyGems gained 142 new commits, contributed by 10 authors. There were 2,296 additions and 866 deletions across 214 files.
In August, RubyGems.org saw several bug fixes and updates, some of which include the following:
- set up email to announce MFA is required for maintainers of gems with 180M+ downloads - #3171.
- removed MFA required (Phase 3) feature flag cookie - #3170.
- simplified the API v1 GH scanning endpoint tests - #3196.
- added superscript star for a RubyGem version date with a tooltip - #3193.
- set up autocomplete value for OTP text field - #3187.
- added a redirect uri to MFA setup and upgrade page that lets the user return to the settings page - #3185.
- blocked CLI commands
add/remove owners, and
signinif the user requires MFA and has it disabled or at a weak level - #3155.
This month, RubyGems gained 88 new commits, contributed by 14 authors. There were 2,684 additions and 510 deletions across 68 files.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PRs and reply to support tickets.
In August we completed 94.3 hours of development work @$150/hour, and spent $14,149.50.
Until next time,
Irene, André and the Ruby Together team
September 19, 2022