February 2022 Monthly Update
ruby together news
In February, Ruby Together was supported by 35 different companies, including Ruby member Zendesk. 1 company joined as a new member.
On top of that, 1 new developer, Ye Lin Aung, signed up as a member. In total, we were supported by 122 developer members. Thanks to all of our members for making everything that we do possible. <3
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the improvements included in the above releases (see changelogs for further information):
- resolved some long-standing issues with our CI workflow and worked on some long-standing configuration issues - #5324.
- fixed an issue with a corrupt lockfile that occurred when running
bundle checkand re-resolving locally - #5344.
- fixed a typo in the multiple gemfiles warning - #5342.
- added clarification for
"with"option - #5346.
- fixed an issue with
BUNDLE_WITHOUTenvironment variables being silently persisted locally - #5335.
bundle confignow saves configuration locally by default when run inside an application context - #4512.
In February, RubyGems gained 45 new commits, contributed by 9 authors. There were 252 additions and 160 deletions across 58 files.
This month, RubyGems.org saw several bug fixes and updates, some of which include the following:
- enabled Rails 6.1 default in
mfa_required_sinceusage - #2965.
- fixed Rubocop warning by re-enabling Ruby and excluding some files - #2955.
In February, RubyGems.org gained 60 new commits, contributed by 6 authors. There were 350 additions and 208 deletions across 28 files.
In February we completed 21.4 hours of development work @$150/hour, and spent $3,210.00.
Until next time,
Irene, André, and the Ruby Together team
March 14, 2022