November 2020 Monthly Update
ruby together news
On top of those companies, Dan Milne signed up as a new developer member. In total, we were supported by 102 developer members. Thanks to all of our members for making everything that we do possible. <3
rubygems & bundler news
In November, we worked on the Bundler Version Locking RFC that allows a user to specify a required Bundler version in the Gemfile/gemspec with a working proof of concept. We also made improvements to platform support by enabling the
specific_platform functionality by default, and decided to delay the change to resolve all Gemfile platforms automatically.
In addition to that, we made the following improvements and fixes:
- fixed a missing require issue. #4036
- fixed a couple of minor “Windows paths” issues. #4038, #4039
- fixed gem specification
- added an
--all-platformsflag that optionally allows generating Windows binstubs from non-Windows platforms. #3886
- merged a PR to fix a bundle remove bug where it was removing comments. #4045
- merged a PR to support the new signin endpoints. #3840
- merged a PR to improve the
-Cflag to gem build. #3983
- added a fix to slightly improve some “gem not found” error messages. #4019
- fixed an intermittent spec failure. #4060
- fixed an issue with changelog generation. #4059
- fixed an issue with nested bundler invocations. #4063
- fixed a discrepancy between executing with or without bundle exec. #4063
- added more descriptive errors about default network errors. #4061
- fixed a CI issue that appeared under Windows. #4068
- merged a tweak to the bundle gem default skeleton. #4066
gemDSL with a
This month, we coordinated with Fastly support to enable Globalsign certs and AAAA records in our TLS config. We updated RubyGems CLI gem signin according to changes requested in a review and also made the following fixes and improvements:
- added a new way to match RubyGems versions using the
build-argin docker image. #2548
- fixed failing tests in
shoulda-matchersupdate and reported an issue of invalid objects should
DelegationErrorfor ownership records with nil
- updated our DMARC policy to ensure that spoofed emails with rubygems.org in sender get marked as spam.
- worked on a PR to resolve a HackerOne report, disallowing duplicate canonical version numbers. #2559
- read the privacy policies of other package manager websites and researched the requirements for CCPA and GDPR.
Pagerdutyintegration for Cloudwatch ALB alerts.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PR’s and reply to support tickets.
budget & expenses
In November, we saw $7,839.53 in total income, and spent a total of $12,992.05.
- Stripe Payment Processing Fees $274.76
- Employee Related $500.60
- General & Administrative $115.43
- IT & Software $737.26
- Professional Fees $2,388.00
- 59.8 Hours of development work at $8,975.00
Until next time,
Irene, André and the Ruby Together team
December 17, 2020